1. Gurjeevan Singh Plahe
2. Magic Singh - Magician
3. Asa Singh - Highway Planner
4. Gurbir Singh - Polo Player
5. Chaz Singh Fliy - Creative Director
6. Ishtmeet Singh Phull - Student
7. Roop Singh - Sikh Storyteller
8. Darshan Singh Bhooi - Retired Businessman
9. Amanpreet Singh - Temple Volunteer
10. Hardeep Singh Kohli - Comedian, Writer, Presenter
Pakistan has its first pro-LGBT children’s book. In February, Pakistani blogger and artist Eiynah ‘Nice Mangos’ created an illustrated blog post called “My Chacha Is Gay,” about a boy named Ahmed and his gay uncle. With the help of a crowdfunding campaign, she raised enough money to publish the post as a children’s book.
“The treatment of LGBTQ people in Pakistan is incredibly unjust, as is the treatment of most minorities, or anyone that doesn’t fit the expected mould,” Eiynah told BuzzFeed in an email. “The concept of LGBTQ rights does not exist in any large-scale mainstream way. People are isolated from family, friends and loved ones over things like this. It’s no way to live… Admittedly we are not as extreme as countries like Iran in our homophobia, but that doesn’t mean the situation is not horrendous. I’m still working on getting “My Chacha Is Gay” into Pakistan, but that is proving to be quite a challenge, not unexpectedly.”
Friends can be awesome….and then you strangle them.